The Invoice Items page allows you to set up individual items to add to your work orders as lines to be used for bids, invoicing, or tracking general finances.
How Invoice Items Function
When you create an Invoice Item, you can specify the Item Name/Description, along with price you are charging and/or your cost for the line. You can also set up matching configurations to automatically apply different prices and costs depending on certain project fields.
Below is a look at the Invoice Items page:
A. Invoice Items Sub Menu
This menu contains the tools available on the Invoice Items page. This page shares a layout and many features with the Project Manager.
- New - This button brings up the new Item window.
- Edit - This button brings up the edit Item window, and only works when a single Item is selected from the current table. In this window you can change all fields and tasks for the selected Item and set up matching configurations.
- Delete - This button will delete selected Items.
- Filter - This button will show / hide column filters in the Items Table. Filters will remain active even when hidden. The Filter button will remain blue as long as there are active filters applied.
B. Navigation Sub Menu
This menu bar contains the normal navigation, selection, and export tools available throughout Pruvan Online.
C. Current Invoice Items Table
This table displays your Items. Click any column header to sort the listed items by that column. You can also use Filters or Search to narrow down the displayed results. Below is a list of fields found in the Items table:
- Name - This is the saved Name for the Invoice Item.
- Description - An optional field to add an additional text description to the Item.
- Default Cost - The outgoing cost used when the Item is applied to a project that does not match any saved Configurations.
- Default Price - The incoming price used when the Item is applied to a project that does not match any saved Configurations.
- Created By - The subuser name which created the Item
- Created At - The time and date of the first creation for this Item
- Last Updated - The time and date of the last saved changes for this Item
To create a new Item, first click the New button on the Invoice Items page.
A. Invoice Items Basic Info
- Enter the Name for the Item. This name will appear in the Invoice Items table
- Enter the outgoing cost you pay and/or the incoming price you receive for the item. You can fill out both fields, or only choose to fill out one on an Item.
- (Optional) Enter a Description for your Item
B. Add Configuration to the Item
- Click the Add Configuration button to add a new Configuration line to the item.
- Choose the fields for your matching configuration. You can choose a specific Client, State, or Reference for the project.
- Enter a Cost and Price to be associated with this Matching Configuration. When the item is applied to a project that matches your chosen fields, this new Cost/Price will be used instead of the Default.
- Click the - button to delete the listed Matching Configuration
C. Save your Item
- Click the Save button to save your new Item, or click Cancel to discard the entry.
Invoice Items can also be changed or deleted from Pruvan Online.
Update an Existing Item
Select the Item that you want to update, then click the Edit button. Make any desired changes and click Save.
Delete an Item
Select the Item from the table and click the Delete button.
Applying Items to a Project
Items can be applied on project creation or by updating current projects using either Pruvan Online. See the link below to learn how to add Line Items.