You can create a master list of invoice items that can be added to your Project Lines to keep track of Cost and Price for each work order in Pruvan.
Steps to Create an Invoice Item:
- Log into direct.pruvan.com
- Click Products and Services on the left hand menu
- Click New at the top of the page
- On the Create Item window you will be asked to enter the following
- Item Name
- Default Cost
- Default Price
- Once the Line Item has been created you can add Configurations to the line items. These configurations will allow you to customize the Cost and Price of the line item base on the Client, State, or Project Reference
- Remove any Configurations you no longer need by clicking the Red Minus button
- Click the blue Save button
Adding Invoice Items to Pruvan Projects:
- In Pruvan Online go to the Project page
- Create new Project or Edit an Existing Project (If creating a new project you will need to Save it before adding your Line Items. Once the Project is save you can edit it to add the Line Items)
- Select Lines at the top of the Edit Project Window
- Click on the Line Item Description dropdown and select the Invoice Item you would like to add to the order
- The Pruvan system will check the Project for Client Code, State, and Project Reference information
- The Invoice Item Configuration that matches the Project information the best will be applied to the Project Lines
- What if the Project information matches multiple Invoice Item Configurations? How does the Pruvan system decide which pricing information to add?
- Each Configuration Item is weighted to determine which Configuration Item is most important.
- The Client Code Configuration Item is worth 2 points UNLESS set to All. The State Configuration Items are worth 1 UNLESS set to All and Reference Configuration Items are worth 1 point each. If the Configuration Item is set to All or Blank then it will be ignored
- Once the Line Item has been added to the Project click Save
Examples of Invoice Items being added to Projects
I have the following Invoice Item setup in my Pruvan account:
I have an order with the Client Code SS and in the State of Texas.
When I add my Grass Cut Line Item to this work order the Cost will be set to $20 and the Price will be set to $40. The Invoice Item Configuration of SS and Texas matches the information on this order the best because the order has a SS Client Code and is in the state of Texas.
Although I do have another configuration with the State set to Texas, the Client Code is set to All which does not match the specific order information.
I have an order with the Client Code SS and State set to Tennessee.
When I add my Grass Cut Line Item to this work order the Cost will be set to $35 and the Price will be set to $55. The Invoice Item Configuration of SS matches the information on this order the best because the SS Client Code is worth 2 points and since the State is set to All it is worth 0 point for a total of 3 points.