Your integrated Work Provider may use a Vendor Compliance System also know as a "VCS" to determine work eligibility and to restrict work order sub-assignment on orders sent to your Pruvan account.
For each Company and each Individual that you opt into entering into a third-party Vendor Compliance System that is integrated to Pruvan, Pruvan will provide that Vendor Compliance System with a unique Pruvan Compliance Number (an identification number) also known as a “PCN” on your behalf.
Some or all orders sent to your Pruvan account may have “Assignment Restriction” enabled by your Work Provider that uses their own Vendor Compliance System. If Assignment Restriction is enabled on an order you receive this means that your Work Provider is telling your Pruvan account to restrict the work assignment to “compliant” Individual(s) as determined by the Work Provider's Vendor Compliance System.
Pruvan uses the term "VCS" to refer to any third-party Vendor Compliance Systems.
Please contact Pruvan Customer Care if you have any questions.
If Assignment Restriction is enabled on an Order
- The related Username profile must have a valid Individual PCN in the check-in-number field.
- Note: Your single Master-Username and all your configured Sub-Username are considered a "Username" in your Pruvan account.
- The related Username in your Pruvan account must be linked to another Pruvan account via Pruvan Share that has a valid Company PCN.
- Note: You must set up a Sub-Username in your account to link to another Pruvan account (Master Username) via Pruvan Share and the other account must properly set up the Pruvan Share integration to your account using the Sub-Username/Password you provide to your sub-contractor.
When you attempt to assign an Order with Assignment Restriction enabled
Pruvan will perform the Assignment Restriction logic each time a Username is selected for assignment in your Pruvan account.
For assignment to a Username with Pruvan Share NOT configured
Your Pruvan account will send the Username's configured Individual PCN to the VCS; and
- The VCS will return “Compliant” meaning the Work-Provider's order will be assigned
- The VCS will return “Not Compliant” and you will get an appropriate error message
- The VCS will time out and you will get an appropriate error message
For assignment to a Username with Pruvan Share configured
Your Pruvan account will determine if the Pruvan Share integration is linked to a Pruvan account with a Company PCN; and
- The order will be sent to the linked Pruvan account as an unassigned order
- If a related Company PCN is not found or not valid you will get an appropriate error message
- If the Work Order restricts the maximum number of sub-contracting levels and the maximum has been exceeded, you will get an appropriate error message
Important Notes (Please read carefully)
Note: If VCS requires a Company PCN compliance check, Pruvan will send the related Company PCN to VSC for verification; and
- VCS will return “Compliant” meaning the order will be sent to linked Pruvan account as an unassigned order
- VCS will return “Not Compliant” and you will get an appropriate error message
- VCS will time out and you will get an appropriate error message
Note: The linked Pruvan account must have at least one assignable Individual PCN related to a Username or the work will be unassignable in the linked account.
Note: Pruvan will attempt to “grey out” Usernames when selecting Usernames for assignment. This grey out feature shows office staff what Usernames' related PCN's are not eligible for assignment before they are selected. This grey out logic is attempted each time the Pruvan Online Project Management page is refreshed, but due to timing issues may not always grey out all ineligible Usernames.
Note: If you have set up Default Assignment make sure the related Username is associated with an Individual PCN that remains eligible for assignment (VCS compliant) to avoid unassigned orders and the related alert message in the Pruvan Online alert system.
Note: Sub-contractor companies and related individual workers must be registered with the VCS and be VCS “compliant” to assign a Work-Provider's work order that has Assignment Restriction enabled.
Please contact Pruvan Customer Care if you have any questions