Information we collect and how we use it
- Information you provide– When you sign up for a Pruvan Software and Services account, or other service or promotion that requires registration, we ask you for personal information (such as your name, email address and an account password). We may combine the information you submit under your account with information from other services or third parties in order to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of our services. For certain services, we may give you the opportunity to opt out of combining such information.
- Log information– When you access our services, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, location, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- User communications– When you communicate with us, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
- Location data– We offer location-enabled services. If you use those services, we may receive information about your actual location (such as GPS signals sent by a PC or mobile device) or information that can be used to approximate your location (such as a cell ID).
- Links– We may present links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed. We use this information to improve the quality of our services and provide customized content.
- Providing our services including the display of customized content;
- Auditing, researching and analyzing to maintain, protect and improve our services;
- Ensuring the technical function of our network;
- Protecting rights or property for ourselves or our users; and
- Developing new services.
We process personal information on our servers or rented servers in the United States of America and in other countries. In some cases, we process personal information on a server outside your own country or a server we do not own.
When you sign up for a particular service that requires registration, we ask you to provide personal information. If we use this information in a manner different than the purpose for which it was collected, then we will ask for your consent prior to such use.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some of our features and services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
You can decline to submit personal information to any of our services, in which case we may not be able to provide those services to you.
We only share personal information with other companies or individuals in the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request; (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service including investigation of potential violations thereof; (c) detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; or (d) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of us, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share with third parties certain pieces of aggregated non-personal information such as the number of users who performed an action, for example, or how many users clicked on a particular link. Such information does not identify you individually.
Please contact us at the address below for any additional questions about the management or use of personal data.
We implement commercially reasonable security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of data.
Due to the continual development of new techniques for intruding upon and attacking networks, we do not warrant that our services, software or any equipment, system or network on which the services or software are used will be free of vulnerability to intrusion or attack.
When you use our services, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete this data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or deleted before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes) or do not require such access. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort. Some of our services have different procedures to access, correct or delete users’ personal information. We provide the details for these procedures in the specific privacy notices or FAQs for these services.
110 East Main Street
Round Rock, TX, 78664 USA
When we receive formal written complaints at this address, it is our policy to contact the complaining user regarding his or her concerns. We will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal data that cannot be resolved between the parties involved.
c/o Pruvan, Inc.
110 East Main Street
Round Rock, TX, 78664 USA