A work type is a set of project fields, tasks and options that are grouped together to make creating and updating projects in Pruvan easier.
How Work Types Function
When you create a work type you will choose what Photo Tasks, Surveys, Project Options, and Task Options will be added to a project, as well as what Project Fields will be automatically filled out when it is applied to a project. The only standard Project Field that cannot be saved to a Work Type is the Project ID. Work Types can be set when creating or updating a project from Pruvan Online. On Pruvan Mobile Work Types can only be applied on project creation. Work Types can also be applied by an integration on project import.
Work Types when applied to a Project it will:
- always over write Reference, Description, and Project Options
- add any Tasks that do not exist, but never overwrite existing Tasks
- if field is blank, will populate value in Work Type. Work Type values will not overwrite fields such as Due Date(s), Start Date(s), Address, Status(s), Assigned To, or Project Name if not blank.
Creating Work Types
Creating work types is easy to do from Pruvan Online. Click the link below for step by step instructions.
To see what fields to set in a Work Type to add Check In to your Project click here.
Editing Work Types
Work Types can also be changed or deleted from Pruvan Online.
Update an Existing Work Type
Simply follow the same steps for creating a new Work Type, just choose your existing Work Type from the menu instead of entering a new Work Type Name.
Delete a Work Type
Select the Work Type from the dropdown menu and click the Delete button.
Account Default Work Type
The account default Work Type is a work type that will be applied automatically any time a new project is created. Only one Work Type can be the default at a given time. Default Work Types do not apply to orders imported from a spreadsheet or from an integration.
How to Set the Default Work Type
- Log in to Pruvan Online
- Click Account then Edit Profile from the drop down menu.
- Under Default WorkType, all your work types will be displayed in a select box.
- Select the desired work type
- Click Save
Applying Work Types to a Project
Work Types can be applied on project creation or by updating current projects using either Pruvan Online or with your Integration. Our articles on creating and editing projects include how to add work types in them.