The GPS indicator will show 3 distinct statuses based on your conditions; green, yellow, and red. If you tap on the GPS icon in the Pruvan Camera, it will tell you what your status is.
If the indicator is green then the app knows where you are supposed to be, your current location, and you are near that location.
- Your photos will be certified
If the indicator is yellow then either:
- The app doesn't know where you are supposed to be
- You are too far away from where you are supposed to be
- The system time can not be verified
If the app doesn't know where you are supposed to be, it can be because Google can not geocode the address, or because the address has not been geocoded yet and you do not have a data connection. The server will geocode the address once the photos are uploaded if it has not been done beforehand.
- Your photos will not be location certified if the pictures are taken too far away from the location of the address geocode
- Your photos will be location certified if the geo-tag on the photos is near the location of the address geocode
- Your photos will be time certified only if the photo upload time is close to the time of the photo's time stamp
If the indicator is red then the app doesn't know where you are now or your GPS accuracy is so low that it's not reliable.
- Your photos will not be certified
What do I do if it's Yellow?
Pruvan doesn't know where you are supposed to be
Make sure that you have a data connection
If you open the project on your device and the map is grey and not loading, then your phone doesn't have data and Pruvan will not be able to determine where you are supposed to be. As long as your GPS is working, your photos will still be geocoded. Once you are back in a service area and the photos are uploaded Pruvan will be able to look up the project address and determine if the photos are location certified.
Address marker in the wrong location?
Let your client know that the addresses geocode is wrong, if needed. Consider taking photos of the street sign and address marker to use as geocoded landmarks.
Pruvan can't verify the time
Check to make sure your time is correct by verifying that the system clock is accurate:
- Tap the GPS Indicator
- Tap 'Configure Auto time'
- Alternatively, go to the Settings app > System > Date & Time
- Verify that Automatic Date & Time and Auto Time Zone are checked
- Go to the project list in Pruvan Mobile
- Tap the refresh button
- you must have a data connection for this to work
What do I do if it's Red?
Pruvan doesn't know where you are
Check to make sure that your location services are on and that Pruvan Mobile has access to your location information:
- Tap on the GPS indicator
- Tap on Improve Location
- Alternatively, go to the Settings app > Personal > Location
- On older versions of Android you will be looking for Location Services and you will want GPS and WiFi turned on
- Make sure Location is turned 'on' and Mode is set to 'high accuracy'
- Open the Settings app
- Tap on Privacy
- Tap on Location Services
- Make sure that Location Services is 'on' and that Pruvan Direct is 'on' as well